My new book, How to Become an ESL Teacher, is out now on kindle. I wrote this book for anyone who needs advice and help on how to become an ESL teacher and teach English abroad. Here’s the full book description.
If you want to travel the world, earn a living, and discover a rewarding profession, then becoming an ESL teacher is the way to go. Over 10,000 people a year complete a CELTA to fulfil their dreams and become English teachers with possibilities of working anywhere in the world.
How to Become an ESL Teacher will take you through the necessary steps to landing your first ESL job and begin your adventure teaching English abroad. This book is full of tips, advice, and real life examples on becoming an ESL teacher.
By reading How to Become an ESL Teacher you will be able to:
- Make sure you know whether ESL is for you by obtaining detailed information on what life is like as an ESL teacher.
- Learn how to get qualified, pass the CELTA, and receive your golden ticket to finding your first job.
- Decide where to teach English after reading detailed examples of living and working conditions in Ecuador, Brazil, Australia, Thailand, and Spain.
- Find the best and most suitable jobs, and get through the daunting interview process.
- Make your life changing decision easier by obtaining tips on leaving your country and arriving in a new one.
- Discover how to survive your first week as an ESL teacher with as much comfort and confidence as possible.
Written by Barry O’Leary, author of Teaching English in a Foreign Land and owner of Baztefl.com. Barry has been teaching English for over 13 years. He’s worked and lived in Ecuador, Brazil, Australia, Thailand, and now lives in Seville, Spain. He is CELTA and Delta qualified and has had 12 different ESL jobs throughout his career.
You too could become an ESL teacher, travel the world and actually enjoy working. Just download this book, or a sample to begin with, and obtain the knowledge necessary to land your first ESL job.
I’m working on my next book ‘How to survive your first couple of years as an ESL teacher’ already, so keep your eyes out for that one too.
You can get a copy on:
Since publishing in August 2012 I’ve sold over 3,000 copies. I wrote this book to inspire travellers, teachers, and recently finished University students to get out there to experience the fantastic world of TEFL. This is the book I would love to have had when I finished University and wanted to travel the word while earning a living.
My story of teaching English round the world shows that travelling alone is difficult, but with determination and luck you can meet amazing people who can help you achieve your ambitions. With the current economic crisis, the TEFL industry is expanding every year. There are many reference books on how to teach English as a foreign language, yet few teachers have written travel books about their real life experiences living abroad.
If you like my blog, then you should enjoy my book too. I hope you get inspired by reading it and get out there to teach some English too.