ESL Lesson: Music Video Awards
Just how popular are music videos for English learners? Here’s a lesson for your students to compare their tastes in music, watch a few videos, gets some English into their brains, and generally have a fun lesson.
You can do this from intermediate level upwards. As always, the teacher’s notes are on the Power Point below, but here’s a general run down of what you can do with this lesson.
- First have a quick chat about music videos and their effect on the world.
- Then explain the lesson. They’ll be watching a selection of music videos they chose, and then vote on the best one.
- Students write down the name of the song with the best video in their opinion.
- As a class decide on the categories to vote for the video.
- Watch each video, students vote, then compare their ideas.
- You can add a video too if you like.
You can find the lesson here: Music Video Awards.